- Nordic Walking is one of the fastest growing sports in the world catering for all levels of fitness.
- Best described as ‘walking with purpose’ it provides a full body workout exercising 90% of your skeletal muscle.
- Using poles increases your calorie burn by 46% and is a great all round well-being activity.
- Health benefits include reduced pressure on joints due to its low impact motion plus a great workout for the heart and lungs not forgetting the social interaction too.
- Propulsion from the poles makes it easier to move faster than normal hence covering more ground without feeling the effort!
Compass Outdoor run Nordic Walking sessions weekly in the Surrey Hills on Thursdays, Saturdays and some Sundays. Walks cover a variety of terrain, from low level flatter routes to specialist hill climbing and endurance sessions.
An average walk would be 1.5 – 2 hours duration. Please note you must undertake the ‘learn to nordic walk training programme’ to be eligible to join the walks.
Regular weekly walks cost £10 per session. The Programme of events are sent to individuals on a bi-monthly basis.
60 minute Taster Sessions cost £5 (includes pole hire)
These are run at intervals throughout the year to provide an insight into the benefits of Nordic Walking and to demonstrate the key features of the technique. This invariably leads to clients signing up to the full ‘Learn to Nordic Walk Programme’.
Learn to Nordic Walk Programme cost £50 (£45 if you attend a Taster Session)
This is a 5 hour training input (delivered on one day) covering the ten step INWA (International Nordic Walking Federation) programme.
Taster Sessions and the full Learn to Nordic Walk Programme can be arranged for individuals or groups up to a maximum of 8 people.
If you have questions about Nordic walking in general why not take a quick look at our top 10 FAQs?