Welcome to Compass Outdoor – professional outdoor instructors in the Surrey Hills specialising in Nordic Walking, Mountain Biking and guided Road Bike rides.
We also provide training in preparation for charity cycle events, endurance walks, trekking both overseas and in the UK and if you have no idea how to read a map we can do that too through our navigation courses. Please contact us for further details.
- With the outdoor industry expanding there has never been a better time to learn a new skill or enhance your fitness and social interaction.
- The outdoors is the healthy option and provides a unique environment in which to free yourself of the daily stresses of life.
- The Surrey Hills between Dorking and Guildford are no exception and offer endless trails in which to explore, enhanced by magnificent scenery and wildlife. Having the confidence to go alone is something the team at Compass Outdoor recognise as not everyone’s ideal, but fear not we are here to help and guide you along the way. Our instructors aim to provide you with a long lasting experience that encourages you to enjoy the outdoors for many years. Compass Outdoor believe the fundamental principles of their activities are enjoyment, motivation and to succeed.
- All instructors are fully insured, first aid trained and affiliated to the following organisations; British Nordic Walking, International Nordic Walking Federation, British Cycling and Cycling UK (the national cycling charity – formerly CTC)
- Nordic Walking sessions are run weekly with all other mountain bike activities arranged by appointment. So what are you waiting for?
Hi, I’m Mandy and as the Director of Compass Outdoor I have been enjoying the outdoor life for many years. In the last 10 years I have been drawn to the sport of mountain biking and endurance challenge events gaining my Mountain Bike Leader qualification in 2013. Through my desire to explore, walking became the next passion either as a social activity or from a more fitness endurance base in the format of ultra marathon walking. In 2015 I qualified as a Nordic Walking Instructor and have a regular group of walkers in the Surrey Hills midweek and at weekends.
With the assistance of my husband, Sean, a qualified International Mountain Leader and road bike guide we hope to pass on our enjoyment of the outdoors to our clients and there is no better place than The Surrey Hills.
Fitness aside my main focus has always been on motivating people to succeed in any way they can and from any background and fitness level.
Cycling and walking the extensive trails/footpaths around Leith Hill, Holmbury, Abinger, Winterfold Forest and Polesden Lacy has been a great adventure and one in which I enjoy sharing with others.
If you think we can enhance your fitness and well being and you want to enjoy this wonderful countryside, contact Compass Outdoor and make a difference to your life today.
Mobile: 07985 575 956